Featured SCTI Workshops
SCTI is proud to announce that we have been granted Approved Continuing Education Provider Status with NBCC. This is a new and exciting chapter in our growth and we are proud to have achieved this milestone. Here are some of our workshops for the coming year. Keep checking back. We will be adding as we go.
Common Therapist Mistakes and the Ethics of Owning Them Friday, March 25, 2022
Dying on the Hamster Wheel: Taming Workaolism From an Attachment Perspective May 21, 2022
Pleasing til it hurts: Attachment, Trauma and Approval Obsession Workshop Details September 11th, 2021
Caring for the Black Man’s Grieving Heart August 27th, 2021
Supporting Christian Teens in Despair: Integrating Science With Spirituality July 23, 2021
Working with Families with Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Ethically Appropriate Counseling Interventions and Advocacy Approaches May 15th, 2021
I Need A Breathe! Holding Space for Self: Prioritizing Clinician Self-Care through Somatic Techniques May 7th, 2021
Freud is Not Dead! Countertransference in Addiction Treatment March 26, 2021
Beyond Diversity 101: Helping Clients Cope with Race-Based Trauma (Hosted and Sponsored by GA-EMDR Network) Presenter: Dr. Chinwe Williams, LPC, NCC, CPCS
The Holidays 2.0: Reimagining the Most Wonderful Time of Year Online live event with speaker Dr. Chinwé Williams and Andi O’Bryan December 3, 2020
Supervising Wounded Healers: Gifts and Challenges presented by Dr. Gay at the LPCA CPCS Virtual Training Summit on Nov. 20, 2020
Schedule A Training
SCTI provides dynamic professional development experiences for professional counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, case managers, and other healthcare professionals. If your agency or company is interested in reaching helping professionals in novel and transformational ways, SCTI can help.
SCTI has a variety of different packages and services to assist you. SCTI can tailor our services to fit the needs of your agency.
Our different service options include:
Coordination of CE Workshops: Allow the experts at SCTI to plan your event. We can assist with developing outlines for topics, providing marketing, application and maintenance paperwork for Continuing Education approval paperwork, and space and amenity coordination.
Allow SCTI to do the work to create a CE program for your agency. We can research, develop and request approval for CE workshops for your agency. We can also present on these topics to your organization or agency. As we grow, we will be adding specialties and topics to our list which will include contributions from professionals from a variety of disciplines.
Some examples of current topics of expertise relating to clinical work include:
- Countertransference in the therapeutic relationship with individuals, couples and families
- Working with difficult and/or personality disorder clients, including Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders (Beyond DBT training)
- Power and control dynamics in the therapeutic environment
- Time limited attachment-oriented psychotherapy
- Addiction treatment from an attachment perspective (neurobiological and psychodynamic)
- Practicing from a humanistic (person-centered existential perspective) in CBT environments
- Understanding systems dynamics in families, agencies, other professional work environments and/or the larger cultural context
- Family business dynamics and challenges
- Working with “resistant” parents
- Shoring up the foundation: Trauma basics
- Treating traumatized teens
- African American mental health
- Integrating mental health and faith
Some examples of current topics of expertise relating to supervision include:
- Working with potentially impaired practicum students or other professionals in the supervisory relationship
- Identifying and effectively working with “wounded healers.”
- Identifying and harnessing the power of attachment dynamics in the supervisory relationship
- The meaning of values and impact on ethical practice
- Gatekeeping strategies
As we grow, we will be adding specialties and topics to our list which will include contributions from professionals from a variety of disciplines.
SCTI is passionate about assisting others on their journey to grow their therapy practices as well as hone their clinical skills. It is our intention to empower you in your clinical development. Contact us for details on clinical supervision.
SCTI Complaint Resolution Process
The Southeastern Counselor Training Program is committed to offering CE programs of the highest quality. In the unlikely event that you have a complaint about the delivery or content of a workshop, we are committed to evaluating and attempting to resolve your concern to the best of our ability. Constructive feedback given at the end of workshop evaluations is welcome and may result in changes made to the program. If you want to discuss a concern with Dr. Gay or Dr. Williams, please e-mail us, email@example.com, and we will respond to you personally.